View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 09:42 AM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
"I didn't want to run out of hot water at that sink, so I cut the hot water line and installed the auxiliary water heater on the hot water input to the sink faucet...."
I did the same thing in our kitchen, 5 gallon mounted in the garage exactly on the other side of the sink. Could not work better!
When we were installing central air, the "plumbing and heating" guy suggested we pay him to install a pump on the hot water lines. Apparently it's supposed to circulate the hot water through a "cyclic loop" so any faucet is always "ready with hot water".... I thought about it, nixed that idea as wasteful. Our house has "exposed PEX plumbing runs" throughout the crawl space. So, even though the crawl space is insulated and "somewhat heated" all that hot water "flowing through the pipes 24/7, at least to me, just seemed like an excellent way to keep the water heater in the "constant on mode".... So, I said, "No thanks" and came up with a different plan that so far, has worked great for about 3 or 4 years. Even though it's a small water heater (2.5 gal), by the time it's depleted, there's hot water from the main tank replenishing the supply. A significant plus: DW is always happy and no longer complaining, "DAMN COLD WATER"... Every time she said that, I reminded her that it was "her great idea that we move back to Michigan"... LOL (she NEVER smiles when I say that)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote