View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 10:15 AM   #18
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoobler View Post
Understood. This is the first one I've had that's ever had any issue. While not incredibly useful, they are not worthless. Unfortunately, it's completely malfunctioning. All buttons pressed result in E, 1/3 and F lights coming on. 2/3 light never comes on. Unit is on 12V, so I know at least that one should read less than full. All other tanks are empty. Could just be gooey probes on all the tanks, and a burned out light, but the 12V should show a drop with load.

Propane definitely works better. Heat from flame is easier than heat from electrons. I'll likely run it on AC during the day and then switch to LP at night.
The probes are certainly one source of problems for the monitor. Replace them with Horst Miracle Probes; these have little hoods to keep stuff from accumulating on the metal contact and install is easy. I think most monitor panels are made by a company called KIB. These are easily replaced once you locate one with identical features. We have the hot water heater on ours plus a galley tank monitor. The alternative (if you are interested in your holding tank levels is:
https://www.loveyourrv.com/rv-tank-l...toring-system/

The above system surely will work better than what came on the camper.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote