Thread: Antenna recall
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:50 PM   #1
Pharphr

Antenna recall

Hello everyone,

I have a 2020 Cougar 22RBS. My TV antenna broke off a couple of weekends ago. It's the Furrion "wing" type. I found out after it happened, that there's a recall on them. It's recall number is, I believe, 20-381. Keystone will pay for a new Winegard antenna to be installed. I live out in the sticks and with the price of fuel and sitting waiting for it to be fixed, I just figured to bite the bullet and replace it myself. I found the instructions that Keystone supplies to the installer. They had several things that didn't seem to apply, like the FM antenna being just a wire coiled up under the dome. Mine had a type of coil inside with a coax connector. The instructions also say you need a male to female coax adapter, which I also didn't need.

It wound up being a bad trip, as my furnace quit working also. That ended up the sail switch that I tweaked a little bit more toward the fan blades, then reinstalled the furnace back under the refrigerator. On top of that, my toilet supply line leaked.

I wasn't too happy about all this, but none of it was too bad to fix. I'm not looking to complain, just thought I'd mention the recall in case others didn't know about it.

I've gotten a lot of good information on this forum, and enjoyed much of the discussions.
Pharphr is offline   Reply With Quote