View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

It is not advisable to walk on the slide floor when retracted. In this position the slide floor does not fully rest on the main floor and consequently is supported mainly by the slide side walls. I'm not sure of the support it would have if the slide were mostly extended - as in your case - but I would think that there could be a small section of the slide floor that is not supported.

I would also check to make sure that the flexible seals at the top and sides are in the correct position and completely "unfolded". Unless the slide is fully extended, it may be that a small portion of the seal is still folded inward resulting in water penetration. On our slide, the slope of the slide out changes during the last bit of travel when being extended. It moves slightly "downward" causing the slide roof to slope in the right direction --- downward - so that any rain runs away from the camper.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest putting the slide out part way out --- too much stress on the floor and potential for leaking.