View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

There were two screws in the top of the back of our sofa in our Springdale. They were screwed into the 2x2 wall studs. When we were trying to get a little more clearance on one end of the sofa, I removed the screws to slide it forward (toward the dinette). I left them out, thinking that if the sofa moved, I'd reinstall them. We traded the trailer 4 camping seasons later and the screws were still in the kitchen drawer. I'd suggest you leave them out, if the sofa starts moving during towing, reinstall them, otherwise, use them as "ballast" for the kitchen drawer.

I would question how your kids pulled them out by jumping on the sofa. When the slides are out, there shouldn't be enough "give" in the floor for the sofa to move. If they were jumping (or even sitting) on the sofa with the slide in the "IN" position, that's a "no-no". The floor isn't supported when the slide is "IN" and even walking or sitting on the sofa or dinette could cause the slide floor to separate from the walls. That damage would essentially render the slide unserviceable until the floor is repaired. It wouldn't be covered under warranty and depending on your insurance, may not be covered that way either. I'd guess it would probably be a $2000 + repair to remove the slide, repair the floor and reinstall.... So use caution with your slide when it is in the travel position !!!!!

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote