View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Justvisiting2day

Keystone passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackartist View Post
Thanks for replying. What do you think of your passport's quality and reliability? I am still doing research now, Because both I and my wife are working full time. We only have 3 weeks' vacation days per year. This makes me think if it makes sense to buy a new travel trailer. If I buy new, I would rather buy one with good reliability and quality. Keystone is one of the best manufacturers.
First I think it is up to the individual, on whose quality>? Our first one we had window screws popping the heads off and a few other MINOR items. The warrentee took care of every thing and Quality is alot of YOUR dealer and your attitude. We travel and live in our unit, I am mechanically and structurally inclined so I fixed alot of my own stuf that was minor.

Keystones quality so far as I have found and my wife agrees is that it is probably just above average of all the manufactures.
That is whay we purchased our second 13' unit a while back ,it was a "used" one but not abused. And I allways re-build every thing I get any way.
As little as you are going to use the unit, perhaps a good used one would save you a bunch on primary cost up front. And have the dealer give you a "free" warrentee for a year . So you have a chance to try it out and have them fix the small stuff.
Buying new for just 2-3 weeks a year is really costly esp, you have a family to support, do you have afree storage area? Do you have a place to maintaine it? A lot of things do come up.

All in all , no objections to a new one except for the costs. And the one you have picked sounds like a neat deal. If you have the cash ,, I remember a man said " Poor people can't afford to buy cheap" .
Good luck and Let us know what you do.
Cheers
Chuck
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote