Thread: C'mon Keystone
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby9 View Post
I see your point, but I think cutting a hole in the cloroplast just to make sure the fitting is present is a bit excessive. I watched Keystone's video on how to operate the bypass, knew where it was located and had the appropriate tools on hand. Turns out I was wrong here, but I think I should be able to expect critical components to be present.
Cardinal rule: If you rely on someone you don't know to do something you need to be done correctly and they don't care, you're the one that has the problem, not them. The coroplast is designed to be cut for access, that's why Keystone installed the cover where it's located. Many of Keystone's brands don't even have coroplast installed anywhere.

Your choice whether or not you "think cutting a hole is a bit excessive", but when you need to manually retract your slide, have no hole, no adapter, no tools to attach to the adapter, it really doesn't matter how many times you've watched a U Tube video or read the Keystone manual.

Actually doing the procedure is the only way to know that you've got what it takes and the knowledge to actually accomplish the task.

Good luck with whatever manner you decide to use.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote