Thread: 2nd Time Around
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Hello to all. We've been out of the RV world for about Ten years. Our last adventure was with a 90 Ford Ranger pulling an 18.5 ft Yukon Fifth wheel for 200,000 Miles. Now we are looking at retirement and full timing for at least a year. Just purchased a low mileage 06 SB CC F250 TD. We are headed for the Florida Super RV show in two weeks with high hopes and espectations. I have a lot of questions and hope for feed back.
Ruffus (Jim & Sharon B.)
Ruffus, Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the RVing community. I have always towed with a long bed truck so I have no first hand knowledge of slider hitches that many people say are necessary with a short bed. I do know that my 07 Cougar came with an extended pin-box and rounded nose that gives much more clearance than older 5ers. You can see what I'm talking about in my signature photo below. I'm sure that someone with a SB and slider can jump in and be of more help. They say that Fla. show is a good one but be sure you get what YOU want and don't make any hasty decisions. Good luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote