View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 01:31 AM   #40
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
In some things I dig into the minutia; sometimes I come up with "something", sometimes I find I spend lots of time wasting my time.

The suspension is like I stated; much better. How do I quantify that? I pull a trailer thousands of miles and I watch it ALL the time over bumps, humps, holes etc. I KNOW what my trailer does and I know when it hits a hole/bump if it actually jumps in the air or just "floats". With the MorRyde it floats, the others, no it doesn't. The inside piece parts don't come apart. That's just real life assessment. You can "squeeze the rubber" and try to "imagine" how it works, try to quantify some physics equation to it, but to me, after all these years of watching that box "hop" I know the difference between smooth or not. Now, IMO if you think it's a "gimmick" (which I think all the testimonials would disprove) or it has to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in some fashion you are looking for, I would forget it and just "bump along". I'll just tell you it works and if, as I suspect, you have nothing more than the EquaFlex or less, you just don't know.
At the moment, all we have is the stock standard suspension that Keystone put on the trailer.
Without being able to see one of these units in the flesh, It's hard for me to understand how this thing enhances the suspension at all ... however, after watching quite a few videos on this thing, I finally discovered that the bolt that is the pivot for the rocker arm, goes through a slot rather than just a hole as I first thought. Now it makes a bit more sense as the rubber pad then becomes an additional shock absorbing item. Is that correct?

I still have a question mark in my mind about the side loadings this thing will impart to the center suspension mount because of the extra leverage during tight turns in campgrounds and during side sway such as when a semi overtakes. I think my perception of this is strengthened by the dealer suggesting an additional crossbar be fitted with this.

After doing a fair bit of search (admittedly mostly You Tube) I wasn't able to find any independent reviews by people who've had this for some time. Everything I found was either from MorRyde themselves or from businesses like eTrailer who distribute it, or just plain installation videos.

I may be wrong, but I get a sense that because I've asked for objective analysis of how the ride is better, you've taken my query as a personal criticism, which was not my intent at all.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote