View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #27
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Had cataract surgery on both eyes. Got the Medicare basic lenses. The Dr. said that astigmatism lenses are $2,000 each. I decided to stick with no line trifocal transition glasses instead. I could buy lots of good glasses over the years for that $4,000. Using lots of non preservative eye drops for dry eyes that the Dr.said could continue for a while. Amazing how clear things are now.

"First eye was just cataract and the antibiotic (ciprofloxacin) and the steroid (prednisolone) burned for several days but not too bad. The 2nd eye had a lot more stuff done to it for cataracts and astigmatism. It burns (5th day) considerably more than the 1st one and looks like I have some "blood trauma" in the eye due to the extra surgery."
It's been a month since my surgery. Finished the drops yesterday. One of them burned every time. My vision insurance , VSP, pays for glasses pretty good, not 100%, but pretty good. This time I picked the glasses I wanted. Betty says those don't go too good with your white hair, but I put my foot down and said by God this time I'm getting the ones I want. So if I ever run into y'all be sure to tell me so Betty hears that I sure have some good looking glasses.
I got up this morning and washed the 5th. Probably push it back behind the fence and pull the cabover out. I haven't used that thing in over a year. Need to clean it up and get ready for a "me" road trip. Knoxville (Iowa) Nationals sprint car races August 11-14, and USAC Silver Crown races the next weekend in Springfield Illinois. Both historic old fairgrounds tracks. Both started as horse, or harness tracks. Springfield is one of the few 1 mile dirt tracks left. Bucket list.
Go fast, turn left.
...Brent
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote