View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #25
Ginnylarry1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
When I had my trailer winterized (due to being in warranty and not wanting anything or anyone to say I failed to winterize it properly) I took my 2020 Passport into Gen RV... this was in Nov of 19 and I had a small leak under the vanity sink that they allegedly fixed as well...
FAST FORWARD TO JANUARY 2020... went to check the trailer and replace the little mouse packets I put in and found Picture 1 and 2 same leak as I had only now is antiFreeze...
FAST FORWARD MAY 8TH.. Took the trailer in to have it made ready for summer and have leak actually repaired... was there until Friday May 18th told it was all done and come and get it...
Got there and write up person took me out and proudly showed me that there was no water from under the vanity... I asked did you DE WINTERIZE IT? since there was antifreeze in the sinks, bathtub and toilet... NOPE... didn't DE Winterize it... So they said they could do it if I wanted to wait... of course I did..because I was still trying to figure out HOW they fixed a water leak without turning on the water...
After 1/2 hour the tech comes in and tells the write up person... Houston, we have a problem... Apparently the tech that "winterized" it .. did a poor job at best and when they put water into the holding tank to flush it... there were leaks all over the place.. Water pump cracked, pex lines broken and fittings popped... After nearly 8 hours they fixed all the "problem" areas, replaced the pump and pressure tested it... The service mgr told me he wasn't going to charge me for the de-winterization... GEE YA THINK?!... so now that I've got it home, I'm going to do my own inspection, put water in the tank and do a camp out for the weekend to make sure that there are no surprises...
Had I just hooked up and pulled it out and not asked about the De winterizing, I would have have found these leaks when I decided to go campiing... I was warned about General RV doing shoddy work but this is inexcusable... So there is my tale of woe...
Sorry it's so long...
Sarge
That sounds like our day! We were checking tire pressure yesterday because we left today for the summer in our 2019 Fuzion. Hubby noticed the spare tire andmountig bracket for it were missing..presumably stolen wile at CW in Ft. Myers because they left it in their yard for 2months for a couple warranty repairs. We got it back mid March, then Covid19 hit and we isolated..just got things opened up so we prepared to leave. CW Ft. Myers said if we had told them about it sooner they “might” have done something, but too much time elapsed. We brought it back fromCW and put it in our 50 x 50 RV garage and it has never been out until today. We called Yarbrough Tire in Sebring and they actually loaned us a tire and rim (235 vs the 255 we needed) but for a spare we wanted to leave. CW in Ft. Myers has done nothing but screw up everything we ever brought to them. Oh yeah, we noticed their security fence was down when we got there to pick it up. They told me yesterday it’s been down for 10 years! Not starting out in a good way, but at least we started out!
Ginnylarry1 is offline   Reply With Quote