Thread: Almost Ready...
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
ObiRich

Almost Ready...

Ok, I need some more battery advice. If you've followed my earlier post, I needed to add more capacity. I already had 2 golf cart batteries (RoadHawk GC15, 225AH). Well, I've now done away with the single boxes, and have them in a double box. The other double box is waiting for batteries.

Now here's the questions.

1. When I took my current ones out, I separated them and tested them as 6 V batteries, and they both tested good under a load. Is there any reason that I shouldn't keep them and just buy 2 new ones?

2. I'd kind of decided on getting the Duracells that Sam's Club sells. They're $90 each, but I'm hoping that they put them on sale (usually $20 off) before I actually need them. But I've read a whole lot of good things about Trojan T-105s, and I finally found a local source for them. But they are pricey, $150. So question, if you have the experience with them, are they really worth the extra $60 each? I mean if the only thing is longevity, then to make it worth it, if I get 3 years out of the Duracells, then the Trojans would have to go 5 years to justify the cost.
ObiRich is offline   Reply With Quote