View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 05:07 AM   #1
prorodeo

Fridge won't auto switch to gas

Kink in the gas line with the kitchen slide in. Dealer zip tied the gas hose in a short loop to prohibit the LP gas line for hanging down and kinking the gas line after the slide is retracted.

I'll still check with Keystone next week and confirm the fix.

New 2016 333mks, bought in April. Noticed that the Check Light would come on after about a minute after dropping shore power. I assumed the problem was operating the fridge on battery but it coincided with retracting the kitchen slide and dropping shore power.

Had the unit in for this and a few other small problems. Service could not make it fail. When I went to pick it up, I turned on the gas, connected the battery and had it failing in two minutes.

I don't know why service guys do this, this is our third trailer and I know how the refrigerators are supposed to work, I called the service tech out to my unit, he played with the buttons on the front of the fridge and proclaimed that this model of Domestic Refrigerator doesn't auto switch. I'd have to manually push the Gas Only button before we head down the road. The only thing was, it still wasn't working on gas only. He tried to light the stove and nothing. Now he says it's a safety thing. Keystone wants to make sure you don't accidentally leave the stove on while driving. Now I know he's BS'ing me. So I ask, "why don't we call Keystone? I know you guys have a special phone number that gets you right in to talk to their technicians." He said the owner would have to make the call, no problem I headed in to find the owner. Two minutes later while waiting for owner the tech comes in and said he found the problem, the kinked hose and he's fixing the problem. Amazing.

Thought you'd all enjoy the story. Hopefully it helps anyone having a similar problem.
prorodeo is offline   Reply With Quote