View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 08:48 PM   #45
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post
T...
Regardless, I'm just going to take the system as it currently sits, aligned and with the upgraded suspension bits, and observe how they run at 80 psi....
Once you observe how things go, if you're still having issues with vibration/bouncing/rough travel, I'd seriously consider adding shocks. Every trailer that I've had has had "bounce issues". My current Cougar has the CRE 3000 equalizer system and it's a marked improvement over the "steel equalizers"... That said, our Holiday Ramber and Airstream both had shocks. The HR had springs and shocks and rode just as smooth as the Airstream which had torsion axles and shocks. So, comparing those two, one with springs one with rubber torsion axles, it is the shocks (IMHO) that made the difference.

ADDED: One guess as to why the GY inflation chart is not as detailed is the "legal history" of Trailer King tires... TK's have a long and very sordid history of "explosions" With that comes a lot of 'legal assault on the company" from irate customers... My guess on why TK has such a detailed load capacity/inflation chart and limits any use "other than what's listed" is more to protect themselves from further "legal losses in court"... I may be wrong on that, but after you get "stung enough times" you stop swatting the bees and cover your butt so they can't get to you any more.... So, a very detailed, ONE USE chart as CYA.... JMHO....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote