View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWardFamily View Post
Thanks for all the input. Based on info from ETrailer.com, I'm going to go with the CURT TruTrack WDH with Sway Control and the 15k weight and 1500 TW allowance. I'll buy the drop hitch to convert it to the 2 1/2 inch hitch receiver and give me some options for my height. The reviews are all good and seems like a good system. I'd rather be over prepared than just buy a hitch to hit the 10k mark. Crazy excited to get the camper in the driveway. Hoping to get it Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Good luck with hitch. Realize it is a 2 point hitch from the description I saw. With a 10k trailer and up to 1200 lbs. tongue weight (and 36' of sail) it hopefully provides more. The "ball bearing" detent, trying to return "home" is used on other hitches.

One thing I would caution is that throwing 1500 lb. bars on a 1000 lb. tongue weight could provide some rough handling. You need to balance the wd with the actual tongue weight vs total overkill. It will go from a possible benefit to a harsh ride....and stuff laying around in the trailer possibly.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote