View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 06:50 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

The 1610-92 circuit breaker is actually a thermal fuse. It comes in multiple amperage ratings, so when you replace it, be sure that it's the correct amperage size. I'm guessing that it's a 15 amp circuit as most of Keystone's DC distribution is protected by 15 amp fuses.

This part is "pure speculation" so take it for what it costs you: I seldom see a resettable thermal fuse which is "more expensive than a conventional fuse" installed in the DC fuse panel (by the factory). Your finding one installed where most (maybe all) other trailers have a standard fuse, would tell me that the previous owner may have had issues with the fuse blowing for some other reason than a "weak fuse". For that reason (repeated fuse blowing) he "may" have installed a "resettable thermal fuse" to avoid having to buy so many replacements. With that, he "may" have installed a larger amperage one, to "force the awning to work" in spite of a problem..... That fuse, if it's typical, should have a 15 amp device installed.

Some of the issues that you might have if it continues to blow, are corrosion in the motor, corrosion or a loose/bad connection at a wiring junction, a loose/bad ground, a shorted wire at one of the bending/flexing joints in the awning arm (where it articulates to open/close) or even a bad switch that shorts out when you press the switch plate.

I'd suggest you do some "sleuthing" to find out if there's more to fixing the issue than just buying a replacement 1610-92 circuit breaker.

Good Luck and let us know what you find and to ask any further questions !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote