View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
tundrwd

One thing I'd HIGHLY recommend - after you get all the trinkets everyone has mentioned.... (this is after nearly 30 years of camping in various size trailers, etc.)

When you arrive at a campground - WALK AROUND AND TALK TO OTHERS. See what they are using/doing/brands/etc. ASK - I haven't found anyone who isn't willing to talk and discuss. You're going to see a lot of different things that various people do - many of them are similar to each other, but you'll find some unique differences as well.

And always ask WHY they got that/do that/etc. Some things appear stupid, until you find out the why - then it'll be like a bolt from the blue, the "why didn't I think of that" kind of thing.

Think carefully before going "cheap". Cheap usually means "buy three times and cuss between purchases" until you get the more expensive thing. BUT - somethings can be had cheaply, and do as well. Like - instead of buy <whatever> disposable gloves to handle the sewer hose, etc. - go to Harbor Freight and get a box of 100 or 200 nitrile gloves, etc. MUCH cheaper, and do just as well. Experience helps tell you where you can save.

PAPER plates with a holder instead of plastic plates. You don't have to wash - so that means your gray tank has less water in it. That kind of stuff.

And most of all - have fun!
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote