View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:15 AM   #10
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcKenzie View Post
I looked into these at one point, as my slideout does not have one. What I noticed is some (most) trailers have a track for installing the topper already. My trailer doesn't so I guess I'd have to remove the entire length of the rubber whatever it's called, cut it to size and put the topper in between.

If you look at around the 1 min mark, you can see the track they use. I don't have one like that on my trailer so I'm not going to bother with one.
My opinion always was, it is the other way around. Most don't have that track, unless your confusing it with the bumper or whatever is it called up closer near the roof.

Admittedly, I have not actually spent a lot of time looking at new trailers on the lots to see if they have this "track". But my thought was always that the track was added on after, as well as the brackets that mount on the slide itself.

I'm pretty handy when it comes to most things and was considering tackling this myself. But I am concerned that I don't think there is a easy way to determine where any studs or thicker wood is located when you start driving screws in. Then again, I doubt the guy at camping world knows this either, but its got to be on them to correct any mistake they make, right?