View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM   #8
{tpc}

If you can get it for a reasonable price, I say do it. My dealer did not have a reasonable price on this, so I opted to wait the first season and bought a folding ladder and broom instead.

What I found is that while the ladder is perfect for most things, the one thing that is touch and go is being able to get high enough to clean stuff off the slide. I usually have to stand on a couple of 4x4 on the top platform step of the ladder (has wide steps) to use it for this, and its worse if the ground where the slide is out is unlevel or lower than everything else.

Luckily I never had to leave in the rain, but I could see this being a issue. I plan on this year getting one, I may install it myself or have it done (haven't decided yet).

What I mean by reasonable price is my dealer had a deal, it was $600 for any one topper installed, on any slide. So I asked them, what if the slide was 10 foot long? $600. What if the slide was 4 ft? $600. From what I was able to find online, the price of the topper varies by the length. SO if you had a short topper, you paid more for the install than someone with a longer one. Felt like a scam to me.

Not sure what CW does for this year, but last year you could get them to install it for $39 flat fee I believe, and you just paid what it cost for the topper.

Of course my local CW is over an hour drive away without towing anything.