Thread: Mice
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Maggman

Mice

Have a 321res Cougar high country, 2nd yr and now Thacker in PA, starting to see black rice droppings... Ugh! Did some research and found none of the normal things, peppermint oil, mothballs, and electric clicker things work. From the research I found there has to be some openings underneath that TT so I got underneath and crawled around. Amazingly, I found four or five holes in underbelly of the RV that were over half an inch wide. Mainly where this spring hinges behind the tires and they overcut the underbelly around these metal hinges. Huge access points. I also found for 1 inch round holes behind the battery for electrical cables to go through and these all entered into the underbelly. I gotsome spray foam especially the fire retardant or pet retardant spray foam and filled all these gaps. I also went behind the heater panel where my sink and water heater isand saw droppings in there which apparently is where the little monsters are entering the travel trailer. After sealing everything and putting bail traps shall see if this solves my mice problem. Once you close off all the entry points there was no access into the TT and that's the only solution that will work. Will follow up after a few weeks.
Maggman is offline   Reply With Quote