Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
If your referring to my F150 "touring engine"-...well it's a 3.5L>lol
To each their own.
Take one for a spin sometime.
Get your popcorn ready....
Attachment 18182
meaz93 I was a "no problem towing with my f150" guy years ago. Yes the truck would pull, yes the truck would stop, and yes one day just after cresting a mountian a semi blew by going the opposite direction just as the wind whistling thru the cut thru caught or rig. Didn't wreck but I think we were on 2 wheels before I wrestled it back. Shortly after that someone rear ended and totaled our Durango. The opprotunity to replace it with a 250 deisel and what a difference! What a fool I was for convincing myself that towing a 35 1/2' trailer was ok with a 1/2 ton. I hope when your day comes you will be fortunate enough to be able to control the situation and not become an organ donor. I've had idiots cut me off causing sudden lane changes, wind gusts exceeding 40 mph, and other defensive driving manuvers that have ended with a "thank God THAT just happened in a 3/4 ton truck". Just relating my experiences, but I will tell you from my experience when I see a driver pushing the limit either in weight or speed I back off and give them space. I have nothing to prove and just hope they learn before hurting someone. Remember when you were a kid and did dumb stuff that you reflect on later in life and think how did ever survive that? Well, you'll hopefully look back on this years from now and say the same thing. All I'm saying is I've been there and I'm not too proud to say I was wrong.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote