View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #98
Hodgy

So, we are stuffing the TT with stuff getting ready to go out this Thursday. This includes running the Dometic DM2652LBX fridge on
110 volts to test how it cools and freezes. It certainly cools but there is no way to tell how cool. I bought a fridge thermometer that
hangs on one of the racks. After two hours in there I discovered the the fridge was below freezing.

I look around the inside of the fridge for a dial to turn up the temperature. No dial. On the right hand side hooked to the fridge cooling
plates is a probe that fits inside a collar the slides up for cold and down for less cold. Another post on this forum identified this probe as
a “Thermister”.

As you can see from the photos I am ready to camp, Bud, Clamato and ice. The DW is still matching cutlery to dishes to get it perfect.

I thought no problem I will just slide it down and make the fridge less cold. Two hours later I went back and the temp shown on the
thermometer had not changed. I removed the slide off the cooling fin to see what was happening. The tolerance between the probe
and the sliding mount was not tight enough. When you slid the slide up or down it was only the slide moving. The probe stayed relatively
in the same position and so did the temperature.

I took some white teflon thread tape and did a few wraps around the probe and shoved it back into the slide. That fixed it, now when you
move the slide the probe moves also. Can now set the temperature where we want it.

2016 Bullet 1800RB, UVW 3260, led by a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 1500, Crew Cab, 5.3L, 4WD, Tow & Off Road Package with 4.10 Rear Axle, GVR 7000 lbs, Front GWAR 3925 lbs & Rear GWAR 4000 lbs., Payload 1600 lbs., Hellwig 6012 Air Bags. 97' Honda Goldwing GL1500.
Home Base is the Alberta Foothills at 4300 ' ASL.
Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote