View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #72
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo4u View Post
Is there an area, say inside a cupboard or cabinet or closet, where you can cut a small piece of the linoleum from the floor soak it in water and see what happens? If it discolors in a similar fashion then it might be the answer to your puzzle. It seems to me, if this was an problem from the register "overheating" then you would see more than just what appears to be just the surface of the linoleum getting discolored. Also, Not sure if this is a 5th wheel or TT, but in my 5r, the furnace is behind a panel in the basement area. There is a flexible duct (like dryer hose)that comes off the furnace and into the under belly (if I recall...). Check yours, if there is one, is it crushed or blocked in any fashion? If so, this may be causing more heat being forced into that one vent, vs. being dissipated more evenly through all of the vents.
I will do the linoleum test right now! Why did I not think to do this!? As for the duct, it's a TT and the furnace is to the right of my kitchen sink, in the bottom section of my countertop. The duct work is almost like that in a home, it's very stiff metal, not fragile or flexible. From what I can see, the duct from the furnace just T's off into the main line of ducting. No blockages that I have found.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote