View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #68
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
After thinking about this again last night, I'm even more sure that this is some kind of water damage. The reason being, that if it was caused by heat, there would be evidence of melting of the vinyl surface and signs of the floor register imprinting itself into the flooring. I didn't notice any of that in the pics, but nomadchefs would be the best placed person to check for that.
There's no imprint from the register, just the fact that it gets so hot is what made me assume it's a heat related issue. Since noticing it originally, the discoloration started with just 1 corner and has then spread to the other corners and along the one side. Our dealer FINALLY got back to me, not with heat concerns, but how I just need to use steel wool and gently remove the dark areas....I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt. They conpletely ignored my concerns, even after seeing the pictures of the floor. They offered no remedy or ideas, nothing like the amazing feedback I have received from so many on here. The manufacturer also has brushed me off, even after stating I feared a fire safety issue. Keystone is not concerned and told me to find a dealer. I guess I'm going to have to pay the service call and have the mobile repair find the problem. If it's water or furnace related, it needs fixed. I need a night of sleep without fear of fire. Thanks for all the feedback
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote