View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 05:23 AM   #21
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
post #14.. when i left the campsite to head to the dump station …all three tanks were close to full ..i filled up fresh water again in middle of trip with a couple of hoses…it was about a mile to the dump station. just thinking it isn’t good to overload the tires and axles even for short distances…i guess i’m overthinking but if i had skipped the dump station until the next campground that wouldn’t have been good for the rv..
with all three full tanks i have about two to three hundred pounds of available payload…wouldn’t be a problem if the axles and tires weren’t on the very edge of minimum
I guess I just don’t see a reason to fill the fresh tank if my other tanks are full, no where for it to go as I use it. I don’t like carrying water weight as it is, sure ain’t gonna carry more of it than I need to. Just a comment on the Jayco claim in the video (I didn’t watch it, just going off another comment) I’ve seen several RVs drop tanks while traveling. I added a piece of 1” angle iron bolted to the I beam frame under my tanks. I don’t trust the straps they use to hold them.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote