View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 08:16 AM   #5
KinCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
I don’t know your specific model, but my last hauler that vintage (sandpiper sport) had the power switch inside and then the usual lever on the fuel station to turn the pump on.

As others have said, do NOT trust a tank that has had unknown fuel in it for 2 years. Drop the tank, clean it and reinstall. If you don’t, you risk chasing issues for the lifetime of the tank. After it’s clean I highly suggest only putting non-ethanol fuel in your onboard tank.
Thank you. I'm not sure of the model either, it is 21' if that helps any.

I do see the lever on the station but haven't found the power switch. Knowing that there is likely a separate power switch is helpful, I'll keep looking.

As for the old tank, that is exactly why I want to get the pump working. I plan to add a few gallons of gas treated with a 4oz:1Gal ratio of seafoam to gas to flush it. Would circulating it using the fuel station cause harm to the fuel station itself? Would I be better off to try and syphon instead? I have no drain and can't drop it myself.

I just replaced the carb on the generator (that only has 5 hours on it!) as it was left sitting after the initial use and clogged. I'm using an external tank with fresh gas and clean lines for now until I am satisfied the main tank is safe.

In San Diego
2005 Keystone Tailgator
2000 Ford F250 Super Duity
KinCA is offline   Reply With Quote