View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #15
Jager

Guys this thread is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I have a Fuzion 302 and it is eating tires. I have the "Driving America Series 06 wheels". The latest set of tires I tried are Goodyear Marathon (ST235/80R16) load range E. These Goodyear's are less than 1 year old and have less than 1,000 miles on them.

The results with all the tires I have tried is the same. I start getting ripples in the side walls and then bulges. Then I have to replace them before I get a blow out. This is my 3rd 5th wheel so I'm not new to this. I have never had so many problems with tires before. I just think the tires are under rated and simply can't handle the load.

I read this post and have some questions (if you guys are still around):
1) A couple of you guys mentioned buying tires that I think are really truck tires (not ST or trailer tires). However when I look at the rating on the truck tires they look like they are rated for less weight than the ST tires I'm running? What am I missing here?

2) I noticed 2 tires by Goodyear mentioned, the G614 and the G114, are these really 2 different tires or was this a type-o and you were both talking about the same tires?

3) My wheels are 16" Series 06 wheels. I went on their website and they list 3 versions of these wheels, 2 of them only handle 3,200 lbs with a max of 85PSI and the 3rd version will handle 3,960 lbs at 110PSI. How do you tell which version of the wheel we have? Do you guys know for sure we have the 3rd version (heavy duty version)?

4) I saw a couple of you guys mention changing to "Hi Spec" 17.5" wheels. At this point if I can't find a better set of tires (G load rating) that will work on my OE rims then I would consider buying new wheels. The thing that worries me bout this is clearance. You guys are all running Fuzion Toy Haulers it sounds like and that is what I have so I would think it should clear. What size GD 614 are you running on the 17.5" wheels?
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote