View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #6
justlkn

I take an HD box with me when I camp too. I have tried several apps that are suppossed to help you find the satellite you are suppossed to use but found they are not perfect. Sometimes I can get it right sometimes not.

What I found works the best is when you get where your going turn on your box and go into the satellite setup and punch in the zip code of where you are. It will give you your azimuth skew and elevation. Then switch to satellite signal meter in your box. Then go outside and adjust your dish. Once adjusted you can use a simple compass to find your azimuth and either you or you can have.someone else watch the signal meter on the TV to get the highest signal. I can usually get mine up to 95% or so.

I used a HDMI cable to get the input to the TV and just switch sources when I want to go back and forth from satellite and antenna.

The only thing you need to add is a SWM box if you have the newer Directv and have HD. Directv gave me everything for free. I installed my SWM box in the utility closet outside.

This is my setup. I can take a pic of the SWM box if you need it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1371654891060.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	3429  

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote