View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 01:40 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlawhun View Post
Just finished swapping out the last of my mis-matched w/ all new Carlisle's LRD . . . BTW, the remaining OE Karrier dated "3317" had the makings of a flat side w/ bulges on the interior so I suppose it was about to fail--further support I suppose for swapping out tires based on age vs. waiting for them to get one's attention in perhaps an unpleasant manner / timing.

Lastly (?) & while I'm waiting to take delivery of my 1st TPMS, any suggestions, do's/don'ts w/ regards to a portable compressor? My dream one would do everything from pool floats to my new 65psi Carlisles but I'm guessin' an all-in-one may not be feasible / appropriate? I was scopin' out Viair's 300P-RVS maybe?

If you're looking at the Viair 300P I would encourage you to look at the 400 or 450 instead. Greater output and better duty cycles as I recall. The 450P is 100%. I've got the 400 and have never had a problem but sometimes think I'll get the 450. Viair makes the best, or right at it, portable compressors out there. Other brands you could look at are ARB or Smittybilt. The Smittybilt 2781? puts out more air but doesn't have the duty cycle of the 450 so in the end probably works out to about the same. I've not owned a Smittybilt compressor but have owned their XRC8 winch. The quality (of the winch) was fairly good but IMO the Viair is much better. I know you are hoping for an all in one type unit but I carry a 120vac Porter Cable 6 gal. compressor as well to use when I have 120vac available.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote