View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 04:06 AM   #20
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
You folks must know by now that I just love to spout safety standards and tire standards in general. When a door is opened, I just have to take a peek and hopefully make comments that are useable. When someone just doesn't understand where I'm coming from, ask and I'll find and provide the regulation or standard I'm quoting from.
Personally I find your posts quite enlightening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlawhun View Post
Thanks all for the well thought out responses, guidance, suggestions & opinions. So, I have assimilated further enlightenment on my particulars for your reading pleasure (& further opinions).

Checking the mfr decal on the front left side of my (original owner) 2018 Keystone Hideout Travel Trlr tandem axle I have: 7,825 lb GVWR, Load Range C, 60 PSI, 3,500 lb per axle GAWR--1,750 lb per tire? I presume my hitch is responsible for carrying the balance (825 lb) of the total GVWR.

My Karrier (OE), Gladiator, Primewell tires were made in China while the Hartland was made in Thailand.

So, technically, it would appear I could stick with LRC tires based on the mfr Decal but for quality, safety, longevity, etc. purposes I should at least go with a higher standard tire, e.g., Goodyear Endurance or Carlisle Radial Trail HD perhaps. I see Discount has them for $136, $115 respectively in my size AND in the LRD (vs. LRC) version. (I'm toying with keeping the relatively new Gladiator (LRD) as a spare to cut my losses pulling all the other tires.) And then there's still the TPMS acquisition--TST507 perhaps--to round out my makeover.

What say ye now?
I was going to suggest WalMart as well but George beat me to it. If you plan on using the external TPMS then I recommend you get metal valve stems installed.
Since I live on a hill I'm not comfortable with lifting all four tires off the ground at the same time, so I removed the wheels one axle at a time and took them to a tire shop about 12 miles away. Ten bucks apiece and two trips and Robert's your mother's brother.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote