View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #10
wiredgeorge

At the point where we were coming home from overseas in the early 80s, I had three rowdy little girls and the Vega had become our "lifestyle". I didn't bring back my motorcycle (to many import complications) so first thing I did was have my wife drive me to a Honda dealer and I bought a CB650 custom, next a GPz, then a Kenny Roberts replica RZ350. I used one of those three bikes for transportation as in Maryland you didn't need a car much. Since I didn't like to ride in the snow, I bought an old VW beetle. It was painted spray can blue. I hated the blue so I bought a case of yellow Krylon and tried to spray over the blue and that was something of a fail. The good thing was I didn't need a security system and could leave the bug parked out on the street and NO ONE would steal it! The VW was the last car I actually would work on. When you turned the heat on, you could get high from carbon monoxide. By that time, the wife drove an 1985 Caprice Classic tudor V8/auto with A/C. Wish we still had that car! White with blue interior.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote