View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #39
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
I am stuck, no doubt. We've had three Nissans, no trouble with them. Nothing but problems with vehicles we've had from the big three. Alright, alright, I'll take the hint!!
Big three, here I come!

The biggest thing the Japanese trucks have going for them is the "perception" that their quality and longevity are better than the big 3. That was true several years ago but the Big 3 have advanced light years in that time frame and the Japanese trucks are stuck "back there" in a time warp. They still have good quality and longevity but that is matched by the Big 3 now. As I've told Toyota a number of times, when I get into my 2020 4Runner the electronics remind me of 2010 vs when I step into a Ram (Uconnect) or Ford (Sync 3?).

To avoid the dilemma of needing a new truck again in a short time because you buy another one "too short in the britches" that leaves you in "gut check" mode again I would highly recommend getting something upsized now. And yes, I, like so many others on here, have gone thru the same thing, wished I had upsized from the gitgo and went ahead and bit the bullet. Better to do it once than make it a recurring thing IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote