View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 06:50 AM   #92
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Find a diesel yet Danny? My SIL ordered a new Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 because there was nothing close to it on the lots - it's due to be delivered about the first week of May. I believe he ordered it late March, IIRC. Last he heard it had bypassed the US stops out of Canada for Mexico on a train, now it's turned back this way. Strange.

Regarding the KBB comments. Yes, the KBB values are very high for trade and personal sale - not a chance you'll find a dealer paying KBB values today like they did not long ago. My new 2020 F250 is worth more with 7K miles than I paid new. Anyone paying that would be a certified knucklehead. I have a Nikon 70-200 ED-IF 2.8 VR lens that was worth more used than I paid new when Nikon increased their prices across the board in the early to mid 2000's. 2007 I think it was? Trouble was, I couldn't replace it with the new version without going into debt because of the increase so I kept it. It's seen several D series bodies since then (they don't retain value as much).

At any rate - It'll be very interesting to see what happens with vehicle values over the long haul, Gas or Diesel.

If referencing my post #4, no I haven't found a truck. I've basically put that on hold for exactly the reasons you state. Seems to me to be a losing proposition. Thought about calling a friend that the GM of a Ram dealership to see what kind of "deal" we could work but decided not to because I know what everyone else is doing, I'm not willing to pay those prices, and I know he wouldn't be able to cut pricing enough to make me happy so not going to bother him. I'm in good shape anyway so I'll just bide my time; this won't last forever.....I hope.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote