View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #82
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I bought my first diesel in 1984 I ordered a F250HD 4x4 with the 6.9L IH and 4 speed manual. Man I was in hog heaven.. and I toyed with driving diesels from Ford and IH over the next few years until '94 when the new style Dodge Ram cam out with the Cummins and... boy was I hooked...

I was towing 10K to 15K equipment trailers all over the country running a crew making Ammonium polyphosphate with a portable pipe reactor and that truck was the best towing truck I'd owned. For the next four years I averaged 100K miles and a new truck every year.. In August of '98 I retired and changed careers again. I sold the diesel and started a vehicle spiral from the Durango to F150, back to an F250 diesel and finally back to the F350 dually.

All that was said to provide my Bona fides.... There is absolutely and I mean absolutely no comparison between the diesel pickups of yesterday and today... Not in longevity, not in power, not in load carrying, and not in fuel mileage.... Today's diesel pickups win every category, hands down.... well except for the Ram Bullwinkle Mirrors... that is just wrong
You had to go THERE??? !! Thanks Javi now I’m eying my mirrors suspiciously... just did a search on aftermarket telescoping mirrors..nope nothing that looks any better.
BUT I only use mine when towing..I have a neighbor with a Ram 1500 that added them and keeps em extended..have to pull over to pass him