View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 06:13 AM   #67
flybouy
Site Team

This debate has gone on for as long as there have been deisel and gas trucks. Buy what you want, it's your money. Every time I see these debates I read the same arguments by the same camps. Much false info about the reliability, maintenance, etc. of one or the other.

As I see it the deisel crowd will defend diesels and the gas crowd the gassers. But here's my honest observation and assessment:
Deisel owners tend to have bought and used a gasser for years before buying a deisel. Typically they don't go back to a gasser for doing the same job. So they are speaking from real world experiences, not "driving a deisel once", not "driving a deisel work truck" but real world, side by side comparisons of actually OWNING and USING both over a number of years for towing similar loads, both in weight, wind resistance, center of gravity, etc.
Gasser owners typically have never owned or driven a deisel. Those that have usually driven or used a deisel that was owned by someone else (usually their employer) and their experience is jaded by the "fleet vehichle" that they drove.

I see a lot of similarities with the 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton or larger crowds and all those arguments. And before someone get's their panties in a wad and finds that one guy that has owned a deisel and went back to a gasser to tow their 43' 25K camper and swear it does "just fine". Sure, if that's what they want to believe more power to them. All I'm saying is when reading these anecdotal reflections consider who's talking, their experience, and are they comparing apples to apples.

JMHO YMMV
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote