View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:14 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
Agreed, getting gas with a TT is not fun, ask me how I know. Most "gas stations" are set for single vehicles and during the summer travel season those end pumps become even harder to "acquire". Especially when some schmuck parks at the pump and goes inside to have a sandwich and use the facilities. Yes, they are out there.
Happy camping,
RMc

In many of the areas we travel (rural) that diesel handle is sitting in the same pump as the gas handles....in the same little station.....with the same hard to access end pumps. In the case of diesel the problem is compounded because many of those "pumps" don't have the diesel dispenser, just a select few. Determining which one, while trying to negotiate the traffic and position yourself in advance just complicates the issue.

And yes, those schmucks are REALLY out there right now. The gas lanes have become primary "parking" lanes for those that don't want to fight for a parking space, then they disappear inside for what seems like hours while you sit there with 60' of vehicle clogging things up. Or, the folks from CO in an old HD truck....SEVEN of them, going in one after the other to get cokes, use the bathroom etc. I finally went to the window of the truck and told the woman to go wait in the parking lot for the brood to finish in the store so I could get my vehicle out of the way....she did.....with her sandwich in her hand.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote