View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #72
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasin1 View Post
im going to slow down and look for the right truck. Your right it’s out there,and I never give up on something I want no matter how long it takes

As Jim mentioned, it seemed there was a better selection in the SE when I bought my current truck at the very end of last year vs TX, SE NM, etc.

I looked for about a year (not every day) for a truck similar to what I have now but there were none to be found anywhere in my area. I did not want to "order" a truck because the only 2 times I did something went afoul. Contacted the dealers in our area right before we left in Oct. 19. Got to FL and began the search here. It was somewhat difficult and they had quite a few vehicles "close" but always missing something I considered critical. Dealer in Tallahassee finally found one in St. Augustine after they widened the search criteria. This one checked all the boxes PLUS a bunch more. I think the 4.10 axle is what made it more difficult. Checked with 2 dealers back home before I bought it and both said there was nothing close to what I wanted within a 500 mile radius. Would have tried ordering a 2020 (I was at that point) but they would not give me employee pricing+ and there were no dates set for the production of the 20s so they brought me the one from St. Augustine.

All that to say just keep looking and expand your search area. "Your" truck is probably out there but it may be at the back of Mo and Jo's Auto in Podunk USA.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote