View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #31
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Sounds like the OP has pretty much already made up his mind. So any justification for a dually long bed is probably futile.

I'm over 60 years old and all my life I've never been one to follow ANY fads or social hysteria. I never let my kids get wrapped up in the latest "Fad" either. I kept all my old neck ties from the 1970's, which have circled back to popularity two more times after that, and now, the latest "style" is basically, no tie. So, I'm still hanging on to them. Functionality over popularity has always been my theme.

I drive a long bed dually crew cab diesel 3500 and never had any difficulty towing. That's all that mattered to me. It really paid off when I switched from a traditional travel trailer to a fifth wheel. And it's still a daily driver too.

This works for me and I'm very happy with it. My truck has always fulfilled it's purpose (function) for which I purchased it for .... towing.

I made this statement many times, and you can apply it to your unique lifestyle:

“You really need to think in terms of what is the ultimate extreme usage you'll be experiencing with your tow vehicle, not what is the lightest usage and hope it's OK when the extreme happens."
Nah I didn’t make up my mind yet... thanks for the input though. I’m really just trying to get other peoples ideas that actually tow fifth wheels. I was just looking at f450s on line also. The attraction there is the tight turning radius with the wide track front end.. and it took me a looong time to learn about what’s important in life and I do try pass that on to my kids.