Thread: Sailun Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

I know the TRA has the load charts. The person at TBC said the "manufacturer" would have a specific load chart for their tire. The ones I've found have been from the TRA (I did see one once with a Sailun header but don't remember where). Which brings up a question...

If in fact the TRA is the "keeper" and establishes the load inflation ability for all size tires do we then just assume that whatever tire we get from whatever company is built and tested to meet those measures? If that's the case are some tires then just "built better" and only meet those minimum requirements and others built to a higher, stronger internal standard but only say they meet the TRA standards?

I guess what I'm getting at is the fact that you can hold, weigh or stand on a TK tire and an identical sized Sailun etc. and feel the sizeable weight and construction difference in them. If they both say they have the exact same load carrying ability by TRA, which we know is not correct, how do we know which one is better? Word of mouth, experience, forums?

Not trying to argue but if I made a better mousetrap I would point out its advantages instead of sending out a generic chart that said my trap was identical to everyone else's trap??? Just keeping my bored, rain tired brain active...
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote