Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #153
sourdough
Site Team

John is on point. I would buy a decent sized diesel in a heartbeat with the kinds of numbers John lists.....if it didn't cost 10k to get it. I have sent many requests to both FCA and Ford asking that they consider that and what I perceive as a large market for it. Obviously those requests have not been taken into account on the engine offerings.

Until the time they make those offerings, for me, it will be a gas engine. Bang for the buck. I don't want the high initial cost for something that I don't need but would be nice 3-4 times a year when a gas engine saves me 9200-10k and will do the same job - just not as easily. Then again, I've ran gas engines all my life and rpms don't bother me. I will say finding/getting a 3500 with the 6.4 and 4.10 axle is very difficult without ordering. I am very pleased and really look forward to strapping this, or a new, trailer to it. As far as a 4.10 guzzling more gas than a 3.73.....nah. The 4.10s I've had before had a mileage increase that was literally negligible. This one, at just over 1k miles, is averaging just under 16 highway/city combined....same as the 3.73 so not an issue to worry about.....just finding one.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote