Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #118
sourdough
Site Team

It was time for a new truck. If I was trading I figured I would move to a 1 ton. We have talked about, and looked at, a possible 5th wheel. We spend a bit of time in ours and can't find a floorplan or build that we like better than ours, but, it is a few years older and we both like the more roomy feel of a 5th wheel and want a larger shower. I looked for months and months for a truck that fit what I wanted....they are as rare as hen's teeth. Figured I would just keep poking around until I found something then when I got to FL I stumbled upon the employee pricing. Figured it was like all end of year sales and wouldn't be any more than regular dealer discounts. Looked at the numbers while "building" units and they had steeper discounts than you normally see. I thought that was a scam but they still added additional discounts on top of that. Then, I called a friend who is the GM of a Ram dealership in TX and just asked him about it. He said he could sell me any new vehicle at invoice and include all the rebates but it would not be as much as the existing employee discount, which he said was the best discount they had seen in years - and I was SO tired of trying to find a truck like I wanted. Decided to heck with it, my patience is gone so go with it....and here we are.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote