Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #115
Gegrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
A couple of quick observations I made on the test drive today; that 12" screen is HUGE! I told them it looked like someone had taken a laptop and turned it up lengthwise in the middle of the dash. First take I didn't really like it but as DW pointed out, as my eyes deteriorate I might really like having that huge Nav screen in front of me. The 8 speed, 6.4 and 4.10 will hustle! I'm looking forward to hooking it up to the trailer and letting it hit its paces. And, I was hoping to at least have 4k in payload or more, and would have if I had gotten the truck I wanted but that was not to be and this is a heavier truck. But, it's not all bad. The sticker on this one is 3986 so we're close....and I have this gimongous 12" screen sitting in the middle of the dash. Guess you have to give up some payload to get gizmos like that!! I wanted a 5th wheel payload prep and got it but don't know that we'll ever get one....but we might.
That's good info. So my new 2500 6.4 has a payload of 3009. It is a Bighorn, and does not have the 12" screen (8.4"), no nav, and no ventilated seats (I do have the heated front seats). Shows you the difference between the 3/4 and 1 ton payloads, since they are both SRW gassers.
Gegrad is online now   Reply With Quote