Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #110
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
I own a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW Crew Cab Long bed 4x4 Laramie. I, like you searched high and low until I found the truck I needed. My biggest concern was PAYLOAD. These trucks all similarly equipped have payload ranges from 3400 to 4500lbs. I talked to dealers in many states and they were not aware of this fact, but these are sales people just trying to make the deal... Have them look at the yellow ringed decal inside the drivers door and send you a picture of it.

Anyway, I traded my 2017 Ram 2500 CC SB 4x4 Laramie when I found the truck that had the payload I needed, 4410lbs. I love this truck. I drove from Indianapolis to Minneapolis MN to trade trucks in April. Once there I had the truck side by side and measured the height at the tailgates, drivers door rocker panel, and center of hood to compare. These were within 1/4" of each other. Both trucks had cab lights on top, and I had already parked the 17' in my garage before. I have no doubt the 19' will fit for height but it is too long for my current garage. Standard garage door height assumed, as mine is.

The best you can hope for is to find the truck you want, then measure it specifically. Don't take the numbers from the web site as gospel, if they are wrong by 1/2" you can fail in your attempt to meet your needs. Watch the payload #s too.
That higher 4410 payload is pretty meaningless for towing a 5th wheel. 7K RGAWR minus what the weight of the rear axle is ready to tow, is the concern one with a 5th wheel should be looking at. That higher payload did not change the RGAWR of 7K. Chris