Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 06:07 AM   #107
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Thanks guys. I'll post back with payload and pics after I get it. As far as being happy long term with it....I hope. I've been talking to a GM of a Ram dealership who is my friend and known me for years. He advised that I probably wouldn't like the ride of the 3500 because it was so harsh. What they do at his dealership is sell the 2500 and install Sumo springs to keep the ride soft. He said putting those on made it the same thing as a 1 ton...of course we had that conversation. Anyway that will be an unknown. Many have posted here and other places that they like the 1 ton and the ride doesn't change that much; others won't have one due to it but I'm not sure they ever had one....sort of like me with the 3/4 HD due to back pain. Now, having driven the newer ones AND having my gallbladder removed (where they found 7 large stones which removed 95% of my back pain) I'm thinking the 1 ton will be OK running 65psi unloaded and "Sumo Springs". We'll see.
Congrats Danny! You know what they say "you have to spend money to save money"??.
As far as ride I run 50# psi all around when not towing makes a world of difference. My truck has the Firestone Transforce tires.
Enjoy that nice new set of wheels!

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote