Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 05:40 AM   #105
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
An update; going with the Laramie. They had to go get it and it will be here this evening. Going in tomorrow and sign papers and give it a once over. Will take possession Monday after they get the side steps installed. Did not want a Laramie with all the bells and whistles (leather, all kinds of doo dads, 12" nav screen, etc. etc. etc.) because it chews up too much payload with things I won't use. But......here we are. I had hoped for a payload in the 4k range but as a previous poster noted, it will probably be less. I'll know tomorrow. And, it's flame red just like my current truck so I'll never know I changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Yes, the Laramie comes with leather. I would have never dreamed of spending 1995 for a 12" screen nav but that's all there was. At least it has the Alpine premium sound system I'll never use. It has heated and cooled seats which I would never choose in my truck but got them in my new 4Runner in October and DW loves them so what used to be a sticking point for both of us isn't so much anymore.
First Congratulations!!!
Please count on it taking about a month of driving to understand all those do-dads!
You will like and use the heated/cooled seats does that include the heated steering wheel?

While our 2001 Ram had a Parrot device for hands free phone use, the 2016 Laramie has hands free voice to text.

Enjoy your new TV!!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote