Thread: New Ram 3500
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 03:02 PM   #20
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I've crunched the numbers every which way and the benefits of a diesel in my case will never begin to pay back the up front 10k premium. If you NEED a diesel and will use it then a person should get it, in our case I just don't and I'm not interested in having one to have it. Not to start a diesel vs gas debate because I can't be swayed, just an explanation of the gas choice. I will say that Javi called me once and made a convincing argument for the diesel and almost had me convinced but I just can't get past the price tag.
Danny, are you trading in the 2014 6.4 on the new truck? Look at the difference in trade in between the 6.4 and a 6.7 diesel. Yep you do have the first time buy in of $10,000 or so, but the difference in trade in value you retain about 80% of it.
Likely not going to change your mind, but you aren’t just throwing $10k away. Then there is the towing experience, while a gas engine is getting to the top of its comfort zone at 12,000# to 14,000# a diesel is at low end of its comfort zone. I am sure Javi covered this with you.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote