View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #46
LewisB

Recommend you add these to your "plus" list for DRW:
> If you are under age 70, your next trailer will likely be bigger!
> If you ever ride in a side X side, you will want one and you will end up with a toy hauler. This is important because it means that your "cargo" weight will jump by 1500-2000 pounds.
> At some point as your trailers get bigger, you will want an auxiliary fuel tank. Ours is 90 gallons which add about 650 pounds cargo weight to your TV.
> If you ever get a low or flat rear tire, you will experience a little loss of stability but will be able to drive to the repair location. Quite different with SRW.
> With DRW, you have to park farther out in the lot which means you will get to walk a bit farther which is good for your health.
> With DRW, the DW is likely not going to want to use it as HER daily driver.

From experience, we started camping off the back of my motorcycle. That grew to tent camping from car, to tent camping with utility trailer, to tent trailer camping, to pull trailer camping, to 5th wheel with SRW pick-up, to 5th wheel pulling cargo trailer (doubles), to our current toy hauler with DRW pick-up. Our current CVWR is almost 28,000. Now, camping is with 3 tv's, 2 bath rooms, a king bed, and a 50" TV. I'd bet there are a lot of forum members who would echo this progression. It has been a wonderful experience through which we raised our kids and have seen a significant amount of this wonderful country called America!

I strongly recommend the DRW - I think at some point you will ultimately wish you would have saved the cost of another new truck by spending just a bit more when buying this one. We love our dually!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote