View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #11
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfitzkp View Post
My gcwr is 14,400 and im roughly at 13,400 im hoping it will be good for a couple years and then upgrade to a f250 wish me luck
The other number you need to look at, and it is often overlooked, is your payload capacity. It is located on the yellow and white sticker inside of the drivers door. It says “all of the cargo and occupants shall not exceed xxxxlbs.” My guess is with the size trailer you have, you are probably over on your payload capacity.

If I’m not mistaken, your trailer weighs 9400 lbs loaded, the tongue weight is around 1200 lbs, and it is 38 feet long. I’m not trying to call you out or anything but that is ALOT of trailer for a 1/2 ton truck to handle. I would very seriously consider the negative consequences which could occur from towing a large trailer and being overweight. You should also consider how light your truck is compared to how heavy your trailer is and how long your trailer is compared to the short wheel base of your truck. You are towing a giant sail behind you and I would be concerned that if you had to take any kind of evasive action, you would not be able to control that trailer. Personally, I would not want to put my family or anyone else’s family in danger by towing overloaded. Not to mention the legal and civil liability you could incur if God forbid anything went wrong.

Like I said before, I’m not trying to call you out. I feel strongly enough about the topic to make sure you have the information you need to tow safely.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote