View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
bennydog

I've about given up on trying to bring this thing back to life on my own but want opinions on one last thought. So just to recap, when I set the furnace to on I hear the rapid fire of the igniter and a clunk of what I think it the gas valve solenoid. This repeats 2 more times and then the unit purges and shuts off. If I turn it off and back on it will do it all again. I have tried using my shop vac blower blowing into both the exhaust and the intake holes on the outside of the trailer to see if I can shake the cobwebs loose with no luck. LP gas is delivered after the regulator at about 7 psi I think. If not 7 it's not a very high pressure. Does anyone think that (after turning off the gas) if I disconnect the furnace gas line and using compressed air at say 30psi that If I cycle the unit that IF it is cobwebs that I might blow them out without damaging the furnace? I'm really trying to avoid taking the damn thing out to get for spiders and I don't want to drive it 100 miles to the dealer to have them tell me it's spiders as I'm sure that is not a covered warranty item.

Thanks

Bob

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote