View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #61
RK1978

A few comments:
I am a farmer (semi-retired) and truck driver. There is more to the ethanol story than the negatives that seem to be thrown out all the time. Ethanol replaces a product (sorry, name escapes me) that is toxic, persistent in ground water, and was produced by big oil companies. Ethanol income goes to smaller companies and helps with the price of corn. Big oil despises that. Yes you do have to be more careful storing gas.
I have a smaller trailer and older truck and use the car diesel lanes at places that have reasonable prices-to stop at Pilot or Flying J means I am desperate for fuel. Here in WC Indiana there is up to a 50 cent spread in prices between the truck stops and smaller stations. More and more owner operators are bobtailing into places like Murphy Oil to fill up at a more reasonable price. It is disgusting the way the big truckstops are stealing from a captive market.
Finally-DON'T put untaxed farm fuel in your truck.There are inspections for just this thing in the midwest, and the consequences are expensive!
PR
RK1978 is offline   Reply With Quote